After Israel independence war, the Bussel House (read historical section) returned to function as a convalescent home and was highly successful. The growing demand for vacations in Safed in general and in this building in particular, following the "Annual Vacation Law" approved by the Knesset in 1951. Indeed, the historical hospital building was renovated and the HMO decided to expand it, and commissioned
Rechter-Zarchi Architects Office. In 1963 a modern dining room was inaugurated, floating on a Pilotis floor, which served as an open auditorium. Later, in 1968-1969, a new room wing (thirty rooms) was built in the complex. The room wing architecture resembles the room wing in The Mivtachim sanitarium House in Zichron Ya’akov, built at the same time.
The Yossef Bussel Convalescence Home in Safad